What does the Tranquil Moments Baby Sound Machine do?
This baby sound machine comes with 6 soothing sounds based on DELTA brainwave patterns to encourage relaxation and sleep. You also have a headphone jack, rich omni-directional sound, and it runs on both mains power and batteries.
- Calms restless children during the night.
- Helps newborns to settle after a feed.
- Comforts unsettled babies, helping them to drift off to sleep.
- Masks annoying household noises, such as the TV or radio.
- Helps children sleep despite lots of traffic outside.
- Blocks out noisy neighbors, barking dogs and phones ringing.
- Gives mums and dads a restful night’s sleep.
- Takes away the worry about not being able to settle your baby.
Features of the Tranquil Moments White Noise Machine
With the Tranquil Moments baby sound machine you have a timer and a sleep enhancement function, which slows the sounds and reduces the volume, rather than cutting the sounds off suddenly when the timer comes to an end.
- Six relaxation sounds – a lullaby, dolphin, car ride, heartbeat, white noise and prenatal.
- These sounds are based on the DELTA brainwave pattern associated with deep sleep.
- Auto shut-off at 30, 60 or 90 minutes.
- No on/off button.
- Can be left to run all night.
- A Sleep Enhancement function, which slows the sounds over the last 20 minutes.
- Gradual off volume control during the last 10 minutes of your selected sleep sounds.
- Rich, omni-directional sound.
- Headphone jack.
- 3 inch, full range speaker.
- Uses both mains power and battery power.
- Size is 4.3 x 8.6 x 10.3 inches and weight is 1.7 pounds.
- 1 year limited warranty.
Why is the Tranquil Moments White Noise Sound Machine so popular?
Parents and care givers love this sleek looking baby sound machine because it is easily portable and can be taken on holiday with them. It is also an easy way to wake up sleeping babies or children – just by turning the machine off, they wake exactly when you want them to!
Whilst most people are happy with all of the soothing sounds from the Tranquil Moments baby sound machine, they really love the white noise program and find that it works really well to help settle their babies and toddlers.
Also, because the six sounds are based on our delta brainwave patterns associated with deep sleep, when we listen to these sounds our minds are naturally lulled into a deep restorative sleep.
How does the Tranquil Moments Sound Machine work?
Tranquil Moments have worked with renowned sleep therapist Dr Jeffrey Thompson to develop an exclusive Sleep Enhancement Technology. This involves a gradual slowing of the 6 sleep sounds over a 20 minute period, which for the last 10 minutes reduces in loudness to switch off very gently.
Apart from this gradual reduction in sound, you can set any of the six sleep sounds to shut off automatically after 30, 60 or 90 minutes or leave them to play all night long.
Who uses the Tranquil Moments Baby Sound Machine?
- Parents whose newborns are difficult to settle during the day or night.
- Caregivers who need a little extra help to settle babies and toddlers.
- Parents with toddlers that are teething.
- Parents with babies, toddlers or children who are woken by household noises.
- Parents with noisy neighbors or loud traffic outside.
What are customers saying about this baby sound machine?
Most customers love this sleek looking baby sound machine, but some are not too keen on the quality or selection of the sounds.
Final Verdict: Is the Tranquil Moments Baby Sound Machine worth it?
The Tranquil Moments Baby Sound Machine is a lovely, sleek looking sound machine, with 6 soothing baby sounds, which can easily be taken on holiday with you and works off both mains power and batteries.
A nice feature is that the six sounds gradually reduce in loudness and slowly stop over a 10 to 20 minute period, rather than shutting off suddenly, which can disturb your baby and wake them up.
The problem is that it doesn’t have a night light, an on/off button or the ability to connect an MP3 player so you can’t play your own sounds.
This baby sound machine is a bit expensive and you might be better off checking out my Graco Sweet Sleep Slumber review, which is much cheaper and has lots more features.
Tranquil Moments Sound Machine FAQ
Q. Will it stay on all night or can I switch it off?
A. If you don’t set the auto timer, it will play all night long, but it doesn’t have an on/off switch so if you don’t want it to play all night – you have to set the 30, 60 or 90 minute timer.
Q. Can I take this baby sound machine on holiday to hotels with me?
A. Yes, the tranquil Moments Sound Machine is fully portable and works off both mains and battery power.