Summer Infant Slumber Buddies Elephant Review
What does the Summer Infant Slumber Buddies Elephant do?
With this fabulous slumber buddy you can create a tranquil environment for your little one to drift off to sleep in peace and quiet.
- The five calming sounds and songs provide a relaxing environment and help your little one to settle quickly.
- The tranquil light displays help to distract, entertain and soothe fussy or unsettled babies and toddlers.
- Parents can rest easy knowing their little one is calm and settled.
- Helps care givers or baby sitters to successfully calm unsettled babies and toddlers.
- Parents can sleep well, knowing their little one is safely asleep.
Features of the Summer Infant Elephant Slumber Buddy
You have 5 lovely, gentle sounds and lullabies and 4 different light displays to keep your little one’s mind on drifting off to sleep.
- 5 soothing sounds and songs – Brahm’s Lullaby, Hush Little Baby, Frolic Rhodes, Babbling brook and Heart Beats.
- 3 levels of volume control – loud, medium or off.
- A 15, 30 and 45 minute timer.
- 4 tranquil lights displays – blue, green, amber and a rotating light show on walls and ceiling.
- Size is 6.9 x 10.8 x 3.9 inches and weight is 1 pound.
- 3 AAA batteries are required.
How does the Slumber Buddy Elephant work?
With the Summer Infant elephant you have 5 calming musical sounds and 4 different colored light displays, which play together at the same time. You can decide how long you want them to play for and the volume with the longest setting 45 minutes.
This should be plenty of time for your baby or toddler to settle and drift off to sleep, giving you peace of mind so that you can settle down at night yourself or get on with your work during the day.
The volume, music and light display buttons, as well as the battery compartment are hidden underneath the elephant’s fur, which makes them safe from inquisitive fingers. The problem is that these buttons are not well marked and can be difficult to decipher the switches in the dark.
To make the slumber elephant work, just place it on a table or dresser (not in the cot) and select the music, light display, volume and timer and it will continue to play until the designated time is reached.
Who uses the Summer Infant Elephant?
- Parents who want to settle a fussy baby during the day or night.
- Caregivers or babysitters who need help to settle your baby when you are not at home.
- Parents whose newborns are fussy and difficult to settle.
- Mums and dads whose 2 year old wants to play in the middle of the night.
What are customers saying about the Summer Infant Slumber Elephant?
There are more than 300 reviews on Amazon for this fabulous slumber buddy and nearly 90% of them give it a 4 or 5 star rating. Don’t forget there are other slumber bunnies available, not just this lovely elephant.
Pros of the Slumber Buddies Elephant
With the Slumber Buddy elephant you have both soothing music and an attractive light display, all wrapped up in a beautiful cuddly elephant to help your little one settle. It is battery operated, which makes it great to take on holiday or camping and the light displays will keep your toddler amused for ages.
The 15, 30 and 45 minute timer is also a great feature, because you won’t wear down your batteries as it automatically switches off at the designated time setting.
Cons of the Slumber Buddies Elephant
You can’t let this baby sound machine run all night, the only options you have are the 15, 30 and 45 minute timers. The switches are difficult to read and access in the dark and it would be nice if there were more volume choices, as some customers complain that the lowest setting ‘medium’ is too loud.
Another problem is that the sounds don’t taper off, they stop abruptly which actually wakes some babies and toddlers from their sleep.
Also, the light displays seem to be too bright for night time, so the ability to turn the brightness down would be a nice feature as well. You can’t have the music without the light display or vice versa – that would be another great feature for this slumber buddy.
Finally, some people have found the fact that the music keeps repeating to be very annoying!
Final Verdict: Is the Summer Infant Slumber Buddy Elephant worth it?
Lots of customers love the light displays, but the one problem with this Slumber Buddy is that the sound can be too loud for most mums and dads and you can’t have the light display on without the music as well.
Having said this, the vast majority of customers love this Slumber Buddy and so do their little ones 🙂
It is also fairly inexpensive, so it is easily affordable and nearly 90% of customers give it 4 or 5 stars – so it works for a lot of mums and dads.Check Reviews on Amazon
Summer Infant Slumber Buddy Elephant FAQ
Q. Does this sound machine work on mains power?
A. No the Summer Infant elephant only runs on battery power.
Q. Can I switch the lights off and just play the music?
A. No – you can only play them both together.
Read my review of the Graco Sweet Slumber sound machine here.