What does the Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System do?
The Munchkin baby sound machine helps to create the ideal environment for your baby to settle peacefully and drift off o a dreamy sleep.
You have lots of lullabies, songs and soothing sounds to choose from, as well as different light shows, images and a night light.
- The 10 gentle soothing sounds help to settle fussy babies.
- The 3 projected dreamy scenes help to distract and entertain babies or toddlers.
- The voice activation switches on the machine when you baby wakes.
- Babies and toddlers gently drift off to a restful sleep.
- Parents can stop worrying about settling their newborns.
- Care givers cane easily settle crying babies or toddlers.
- Parents and baby have a good night’s sleep.
Features of the Munchkin Sound Machine
You can play the sounds or the rotating lights and images and you even have a lovely blue night light as well. The Munchkin is even activated by your baby when they wake and make a few little sounds – so they can be help occupied while you make your way into the nursery.
- 4 soothing sounds – heartbeat, ocean, white noise and rain.
- 3 lullabies – Rock-a-Bye, Hush Little Baby, Brahms Lullaby.
- 3 Mozart Songs – Mozart Lullaby, Twinkle Twinkle, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.
- Chose sounds, images, nightlight or a combination of these.
- 3 sleep timer settings – 15, 30 and 60 minutes.
- The projected images and soothing sounds can work independently.
- On/off button.
- Voice activation for self soothing (which can be switched off).
- Rotating picture projections onto wall or ceiling.
- Includes 3 image cartridges – soothing sea, calming rain forest or sleepy sky.
- Extra cartridges can be stored in the back of the sound machine.
- Soft blue night light.
- Volume control.
- Sizes is 5.9 x 5.2 x 6.1 inches and weight is 1.3 pounds.
- Only operates on mains power.
Why is the Munchkin Baby Sound Machine so popular?
Customers love that this sound machine has both soothing sounds and lovely cartoon projected images, which can be played together or separately.
The night light isn’t obtrusive and the projected images (which can be played on the wall or ceiling) are usually sufficient light to feed and change your baby at night.
You can set the timer for both the soothing sounds and the projected images and customers say that their toddlers absolutely love the images on the ceiling.
How does the Munchkin Nursery Projector work?
This Munchkin nursery projector & sound system is very easy to use and with a touch of a few buttons you can have it up and running.
So you have 10 lovely gentle, soothing sounds to choose from, which gives you plenty of scope with your baby or toddler. You also have 3 different projected images which play over the ceiling or the wall and help to keep your little one entertained while they drift off to sleep.
The night light is nice and soft and isn’t too bright, so it doesn’t wake your baby at all and if you play the projected images, this is usually enough light for you anyway.
You can either let the soothing sounds and the light projection play continuously or you can set the 15, 30 or 60 minute timer to automatically switch itself off and you can control the volume as well.
One of the best features of the Munchkin projector is that it is voice activated, so if your little one wakes during the day or night and starts to cry, then the sound machine and images switch themselves back on again, giving you time to make your way into the nursery.
Who uses the Munchkin Nursery Projector and Baby Sound Machine?
- Parents who need a good night’s sleep love this sound machine.
- Care givers who need a little extra help to settle babies or toddlers.
- Parents whose newborns are fussy and don’t settle easily.
- Parents who find it difficult to settle their little one during the night.
- Mums and dads whose toddlers are wide awake at 2am in the morning!
What are customers saying about this baby sound machine?
There are more than 3500 customer reviews for the Munchkin baby sound machine on Amazon with more than 60% giving this sleep and light machine a 4 or 5 star rating.
This is awesome, the baby loves it too!
This is a great sound machine. My baby is loving the ocean sounds right now, and it is the perfect white noise. The projector is great too, and it has saved me for the few mornings my little one has woken up at 5-6 ready to play, but I want her to learn how to sleep until 7.
My infant loves the white noise to keep her asleep, and my toddler loves the projector as we were winding down for the night. They share a room, so it was important it was not disturbing to either child.
The projection gives just enough light to see baby. Our son loves the pictures and will sit and talk to them for an hour in the morning.
Final Verdict: Is the Munchkin Sound Machine worth it?
The Munchkin sound machine and nursery projector has just about every feature you need to help your little ones drift off to a peaceful sleep.
The only features which would make this sound machine absolutely perfect are a headphone jack and the ability to play MP3 tracks and also to work off batteries. Then again, you have so many soothing sounds with this nursery projector that these features don’t really matter.
Some parents have had problems with the Munchkin breaking too quickly, but they keep buying them because they love the voice activation and their little ones come to love the lullabies and the lights.
Munchkin Sound Machine FAQ
Q. Do the projected images move or spin?
A. Yes, the images move over the ceiling or wall and give your baby a lovely, peaceful feeling as they slowly drift off to sleep.
Q.Can you turn the voice activation off?
A. Yes, there is a switch on the back of the sound machine to turn this function off.
Q. Where can I buy this nursery projector?
A. You can purchase the Munchkin baby projector here.