Welcome to my Top 10 Sleep Sound Machines for 2017
A good night’s sleep is essential to making it through the day, but too many of us have problems falling asleep or staying asleep. There are many reasons for our insomnia, from noisy neighbors next door to traffic outside, a partners snoring, shift work and our stressful lives.
This is why I have done the leg work for you and put together my Top 10 list of the best sleep sound machines. With my list to hand, all you have to do is to decide which sound machine looks right for you, read my review and then you are good to go.
Top 10 Best Sleep Sound Machines for 2017
1. Sense with Sleep Pill – The Sense with Sleep Pill Sound Machine offers you a way to monitor your sleeping habits and find out exactly what is causing your poor quality sleep. It is much more than a simple sound machine – it is at the top of my list of the best sleep sound machines. Read my review here.
2. Lectrofan – This is a powerful sound machine, that really blocks out a lot of noise in large spaces. It only plays white noise or fan sounds, not soothing natural sounds and is a very affordable and well liked sound machine. Coming in at number 2, this is one of the best sleep sound machines on the market. Read my review here.
3. Marpac DOHM – One of the best sleep sound machines available, this machine only produces white noise, but it generates these sounds from its motor, they are not pre-recorded sounds, which is common in most other sound machines. Marpac have been around for decades and are one of the best selling sound machines on the market. Read my review here.
4. Sleep Easy Sound Conditioner – This is another white noise generator that is popular with shift workers, parents and office workers. It is very simple to use, you just plug it in and away it goes. Unlike most other sound machines, this one has no timer so it is either on or off – but the masking capacity of the Sleep Easy white noise is great! Read my review here.
5. Tranquil Moments – Tranquil Moments have found that a mix of DELTA, THETA and ALPHA waves does the trick to help you sleep. With 12 different sound programs, a 30 minute fade out, timer and headphone jack, as well as Bluetooth and a rechargeable battery, this is a high quality sound machine that is very affordable. Read my review here.
6. Wave Premium Sleep Therapy – If you want an affordable, sleek and compact sleep therapy sound machine that easily fits on your night stand, then this one by Pure Enrichment is definitely worth a look. With a timer, ON/OFF switch, dial volume control and 6 soothing natural, digital sounds this is an elegant and effective sound machine. Read my review here.
7. HoMedics Sound Spa – This sound machine plays 6 digitally recorded natural sounds, and a 15, 30 and 60 minute timer or it can be left to run all night. It is lightweight and portable for travelers and operates on both battery and mains power. HoMedica are a popular brand, selling some of the best sleep sound machines on the market. Read my review here.
8. Ecotones Sleep + Sound Machine – Ecotones give you 11 HD tracks to help you drift off to sleep – ocean, rain, brook, cascading waterfall, meadow, fireplace, city, trains, white noise, pink noise, brown noise and a meditation profile. One of the great features of this sound machine is that it automatically alters the sounds, so they block out noises easier. Read my review here.
9. Conair Sound Machine – The Conair gives you 10 soothing sounds – Tropical Forest, Birdsong, Running Stream, Heartbeat, Summer Night, White Noise, Thunderstorm, Rainfall, Ocean Waves, Waterfall, which are all HD tracks. Also a 60 minute timer and volume control and it operates on mains power and batteries – perfect for travelers. Read my review here.
10. Aroma Zzar Aromatherapy and Sound Machine – Have a fabulous spa and relaxation zone at home with both relaxing sounds and beautiful fragrances. This ultrasonic diffuser plays 4 nature sounds (you can plug in your own MP3 player to play your own sounds), has 7 LED lights, 4 mist settings, and can diffuse your essential oils for up to 8 hours. Read my review here.
Do you have problems sleeping?
It might come as no surprise to you that many people have problems sleeping through the night. Lots of people have problems falling asleep and also staying asleep, waking 2 or 3 times during the night, at the very least.
There are lots of things you can do to help you fall asleep and stay asleep, but one of the more popular strategies is to invest in a sleep sound machine. When you sleep throughout the night, you feel so much better the next day, your concentration and focus increases and your health is so much better long term.
It is so easy to resort to taking medications to help you sleep, but investing in a very affordable sound machine is a very worthwhile strategy that helps to increase your health and your performance during the day. My list of the best sleep sound machines will help you to sleep like a baby!
Do you have problems studying?
Many students, both school age and mature students, have problems studying. One of the big issues is finding a quiet spot to study so you can concentrate, particularly when you live in a noisy family environment.
Another problem faced by students of all ages is the stress and worry they feel about their exam results. This can cause students to have problems falling asleep and staying asleep, making it even more difficult for them to focus on their studies the next day.
So investing in a sound machine for your teenagers who are studying at school, your older children who are studying at college or university or even yourself if you are furthering your own studies, is definitely strategy that will pay for itself many times over.
Investing in one of the best sleep sound machines available on the market, will help to perk you up and help you to focus on your studies.
Do you have problems focusing at work?
Working in a noisy environment is no fun, particularly when you have to focus on complicated projects or other work that really needs all of your attention. These problems generally occur in offices which are open plan, making it very difficult to block out everyone’s chitter-chatter.
Even when the office seems quiet, it doesn’t take much noise to break your concentration. This is where a sound machine can pay off big time, because you can use it to mask all of those annoying office noises and really focus on being more productive.
Some of the best sound machines won’t set you back many dollars, making them extremely affordable and very practical in noisy work environments.
White noise versus natural soothing sounds
Of course, whether you select a white noise machine or one that plays soothing natural sounds is purely based on your own personal preferences, however you might find that white noise is better for a work/study environment and the soothing sounds better for sleeping.
Some people can’t sleep without their white noise machine or one that plays fan sounds and others swear by their babbling brook sounds. Each to their own as we say, and you can certainly purchase one of the best sound machines that plays both white noise and natural sounds as well.
If you suffer from insomnia or lack of sleep, have problems focusing at work or with your studies, then you can’t go wrong with adding one of the best sleep sound machines for 2017 to your daily routine – and you should soon be feeling much better and performing at your best.